Mentor Graphics is a leader in Electronic Design Automation (EDA), developing software and hardware tools to enable companies to manufacture electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. The IT department is globally distributed with approximately 250 members supporting 5,500 employees located in 29 countries across 86 locations. The IT PMO consists of eight people.
Mentor Graphics IT groups found it challenging to collaborate and report on projects efficiently. Varying time zones made it difficult to communicate and their existing collaboration tool. The result was siloed IT groups who each did their own thing, spoke their own language, and had their own project management style.
Mentor Graphics chose Projectplace to improve project collaboration, task management and team organization for 437 active users dispersed around the globe.
Since implementing Projectplace, Mentor Graphics has:
- Been able to manage all 414 projects, including 127 “non-projects”
- Ability to upload documents from other apps and invite external business resources
- Reporting and metrics it “didn’t know existed”
- Knowledgeable and responsive support from Projectplace experts
- The foundation in place to successfully launch Planview Enterprise to optimize portfolios and resources
Read full case study (PDF)